Submitted by: Lesley Francis PR
Calvary Day School was recently recognized by the Georgia Scholastic Press Association (GSPA) when its Beacon yearbook staff received recognition in multiple categories at GSPA’s fall conference. The school was recognized with the overall General Excellence Award, and the yearbook staff was awarded “Best in State” for theme development and ranked “Superior” in cover design.
Students of the yearbook staff were awarded individually as follows:
● Brandon Brooks (“Best in State” for Feature Photography and “Superior” for Portrait Photography & Sports Photography)
● Haley Burke (“Best in State” for News Photography & Sports Photography)
● Avery Householder (“Best in State” for Portrait Photography)
● Rachel Anderson (“Superior” in Advertising Design)
● Nichole Crowley (“Superior” in Special Interest Story)
● Addison Scarborough (“Superior” in Yearbook Story)
GSPA promotes the understanding and practice of journalism and mass communication for middle school and high school students. Membership is open to middle and high school-sponsored newspapers, news magazines, yearbooks, literary/creative magazines, broadcasts, and online media staffs.
ABOUT CALVARY DAY SCHOOL:
Calvary Day School is a genuine Christian school. We believe personal faith speaks to personal character, and faith, character, and intellect help define a well-balanced student for their future goals and aspirations. At Calvary Day School we provide an academically rigorous environment, carefully interwoven with a thoughtful Christian philosophy of education. This thoughtfully crafted balance is evident in our weekly chapel services, annual Spiritual Emphasis Week, summer mission trips, myriad small groups, and in the very way we teach our content area classes.