National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend Dessert Contest

THE Community Calendar

Loading Events
  • This event has passed.

gs cookie weekend

gs flyer

This February 24-26, 2017, Girl Scouts of Historic Georgia, along with its sister councils across the country, will participate in National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend, a celebration of all the fun and excitement girls have selling Girl Scout Cookies. This year also marks the 100th Anniversary of the first known Girl Scout Cookie Sale! We’re excited to announce that we’ll be holding our Third Annual Dessert Contest as part of our celebration this year, with 17 restaurants across the Savannah area offering their own unique Girl Scout Cookie culinary creations.

The public is invited to visit as many of the participating restaurants as they’d like to try these delicious treats and then vote on their favorite offering(s) at gshg.org/cookies, determining 40% of the total score. A special judging panel will gather at an additional press event on Tuesday, February 28th to taste all the dessert varieties and determine the other 60% of the vote. This year’s competition will feature two categories – one for full-service restaurants and one for specialty eateries. Winning restaurants will be presented with the National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend Dessert Trophy and win the ultimate cookie bragging rights!

Participating restaurants are as follows:

  • 40 East Grill
  • 700 Drayton at the Mansion
  • Barracuda Bob’s
  • Ben and Jerry’s
  • Boomy’s
  • Corleone’s
  • Cotton & Rye
  • Flashback
  • Full Lunch & Late Night
  • Kitchen 320 at B Historic
  • Ordinary Pub
  • Papa’s Barbeque & Seafood
  • Pirates House
  • River House Seafood Restaurant
  • Savannah Coffee Roasters
  • Savannah Rae’s Gourmet Popcorn
  • Shrimp Factory

 

One hundred percent of the net revenue raised through Girl Scout Cookie sales in the Savannah area stays with Girl Scouts of Historic Georgia and its troops, so customers who purchase Girl Scout Cookies are not only getting a delicious treat—they are also making an important investment in their communities.